General Terms and Conditions (GTC)
1. What are our services?
We provide services and sell products in the field of hair and skin medicine (hereinafter "Services"). In particular, we offer PRP autologous blood therapies (this is an autologous blood treatment of the hair roots or skin; PRP stands for "Platelet Rich Plasma"), Medical needling, wrinkle treatment and hair transplantations (hereinafter "Treatments").
2. Who are we?
(1) The services are provided by Hair and Skin Medical AG ("HAIR & SKIN", "we", "us"), Neuwiesenstrasse 15, 8400 Winterthur. You can find more information about us here.
(2) For questions or other concerns, you can reach us best by: [email protected].
3. What do these terms and conditions (T&C) govern?
(1) These terms and conditions regulate the legal relationship between you and HAIR & SKIN, for example when you register for an appointment and/or use our services.
(2) You and HAIR & SKIN are hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Parties" and each individually as a "Party".
4. Whom do we treat?
(1) Our services are directed at private individuals residing in Switzerland and are available to persons who are at least 18 years of age and capable of judgment.
(2) For persons under 18 years of age or incapable of judgement, treatment is only possible with the written consent of a legal representative. We recommend that a legal representative be present at all appointments.
(3) Of course, we can only treat persons who are suitable for the respective treatment. Therefore, it is a mandatory prerequisite for treatment that the suitability assessment is positive.
(4) By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you confirm that these requirements are met.
5. How does the treatment proceed?
5.1 Appointment booking, suitability check, treatment plan, confirmation of treatment date.
(1) The first thing you do is book an appointment with us, preferably through our Website. If our capacities allow it, you are welcome to come to one of our locations without a reservation and take the suitability assessment for the treatment you want ("walk-in").
(2) At the suitability assessment, you will be informed about which treatment is appropriate for you. In order to determine your suitability for hair treatment, our doctors will also take a high-resolution photo of your scalp ("hair scan"), which will be used to analyze your hair. The suitability assessment is free of charge.
(3) If you are suitable for the treatment you want, we will prepare your treatment plan with your consent. The treatment plan will give you information about the course of your treatment and the possible results. The treatment plan is also free of charge.
(4) After discussing the treatment plan, you can decide whether you want to undergo the treatment. If you do, you will receive an offer from us, which is valid for one month ("acceptance period").
(5) The contract for your treatment is concluded when you accept the offer (usually as soon as you have signed it electronically and send it back to us).
(6) If your acceptance is made after the acceptance period has expired, it constitutes a new offer on your part, which is considered accepted when we confirm this to you in writing (e.g. by e-mail).
5.2 Hair transplantation
(1) If you have decided to undergo hair transplantation with us and have already paid for your treatment (see section 7 "How do you pay for your treatment?"), we will arrange your treatment appointment with you. At this appointment we will perform the hair transplantation. After that, the results will be checked in up to six follow-up visits. These check-ups are included in the price.
(2) During hair transplantation, your own healthy hair is removed under local anesthesia and then transplanted to a bald spot. We only offer hair transplantation using the so-called FUE method (FUE stands for "Follicular Unit Extraction"). You can find more information about this method here.
(3) To make sure that the transplanted hairs do not lack anything, we recommend that they are strengthened afterwards with a PRP autologous blood treatment (see point 5.3).
5.3 PRP autologous blood treatment
(1) If you have decided to undergo PRP autologous blood treatment (hair and/or skin) with us and have already paid your treatment costs (see section 7 "How do you pay for your treatment?"), we can perform your treatment directly after your payment (i.e. directly on the day of the suitability assessment) or, if this fits better into your schedule, we can arrange the first treatment appointment with you.
(2) In the PRP Autologous Blood Treatment - Hair, your own blood is used to supply nutrients to your hair roots. This supports the development of the hair root and promotes the regeneration of the hair.
(3) In PRP Autologous Blood Treatment - Skin (Medical Needling), your own blood is used to supply your skin with growth nutrients.
(4) A PRP autologous blood treatment usually consists of eight sessions ("PRP sessions") with a hair scan after each of the first four PRP sessions (i.e. after approx. 4-6 months) and another hair scan after the following four PRP sessions (i.e. after 8-12 months).
(5) If you wish, regular PRP follow-up treatments are possible (e.g. quarterly or half-yearly), so that the result lasts longer. These follow-up treatments will be invoiced additionally.
5.4 Medical needling
(1) If you have decided to book a Medical Needling with autologous blood treatment with us and have already paid your treatment costs (see section 7 "How do you pay for your treatment?"), we can carry out your treatment directly after your payment or we can arrange the first treatment appointment with you.
(2) During a medical needling with autologous blood treatment, very fine needles penetrate your skin between 0.5 and 2 millimeters with the help of a Needlingpen. This stimulates cell renewal, blood circulation and collagen production.
(3) A medical needling with autologous blood treatment usually consists of four sessions always in combination with a skin scan about six months after the last session, so that the results of the treatment can be checked ("follow-up").
(4) If you wish, annual follow-up treatments are possible so that the results last longer. The after-treatments will be charged additionally
5.5 Wrinkle treatment
(1) If you have decided to book a Wrinkle Treatment with botulinum toxin with us and have already paid your treatment costs (see section 7 "How do you pay for your treatment?"), we can carry out your treatment directly after your payment or we can arrange the first treatment appointment with you.
(2) During a Wrinkle treatment with botulinum toxin, the protein is injected into the muscle to temporarily immobilise the muscle and thereby smooth the skin.
(3) A wrinkle treatment with botulinum toxin usually consists of one treatment. In addition, we offer a "follow-up treatment" if the desired result was not achieved.
(4) If you wish, follow-up treatments are possible so that the results last longer. The after-treatments will be charged additionally
(1) The prices for the treatments ("treatment costs") will be given to you in our offer, as soon as you request one after the suitability clarification. Prices announced in any other way (especially verbally, in brochures or on the website) are not binding and do not constitute an offer.
(2) If you decide after the conclusion of the contract to book additional treatments (e.g. additional hair transplantation, PRP autohaemotherapy, Medical needling or Wrinkle treatment), the treatment costs will be adjusted accordingly.
7. How do you pay for your treatment?
(1) The treatment costs are to be paid in full before your treatment, usually following your suitability assessment. We reserve the right to discontinue our services if the invoice is not paid.
(2) The other half is to be paid on your first treatment date in the case of PRP autologous blood treatment, medical needling and/or wrinkle treatment or three weeks before the treatment in the case of a hair transplant. In addition, we also offer payment by instalments if the conditions are met (see point 7.2).
(3) You agree to pay in full any fees or other transaction costs that may be incurred when transferring money to our bank account.
(4) Payments must be made in Swiss francs (CHF).
7.2 Payment in installments via MFG
(1) If you would like to pay the treatment costs in installments, this is possible under given conditions via the third-party provider MF Group AG ("MFG"), Bohl 6, 9004 St. Gallen. This installment payment is a payment on account with an installment option. This option is not valid for the Wrinkle treatment.
(2) If you pay via MFG, you agree that we assign our claims against you to MFG. Please read the Terms and Conditions of MFG before you decide to do so. Only MFG is responsible for questions regarding the invoice and all other questions related to the payment. If you have any complaints about MFG's handling of your payment, please contact us ([email protected]) or MFG ([email protected]) by email.
(3) With the 0% financing of HAIR & SKIN you pay from now on no more interest on your installments. This applies to the installment payments for all our treatments, i.e. hair transplantation, beard transplantation, eyebrow transplantation, autologous blood treatment for the hair as well as the skin. You choose the amount of the monthly installments.
(4) Even if you pay in installments via MFG, we are entitled to stop our services if you do not pay your invoices on time.
8. Delay, postponement and termination of treatment
Please note that when we make treatment appointments with you, we reserve that time exclusively for you. We understand that there may be times when an unforeseen event occurs and you are unable to keep one of your treatment appointments or cannot keep it on time. If such circumstances occur to you, we ask that you contact us immediately by email at [email protected] or by phone (the phone number for the appropriate location can be found here).
8.2 Delay and postponement of treatment
8.2.1 Late arrival, non-appearance
(1) If you arrive late at one of our locations for one of your treatment appointments, you are generally only entitled to treatment during the agreed treatment time.
(2) If your delay causes additional costs (e.g. because an additional appointment or overtime by our staff is necessary), you agree to pay these costs.
(3) If the treatment cannot be carried out due to your delay or if you do not show up for the treatment appointment, an alternative appointment will be arranged.
(4) You agree to pay a fee for the missed treatment appointment according to section 8.2.2.
(1) You can postpone your treatment appointments as follows:
Hair transplants: at least 30 days before your treatment date with a charge of CHF 300.–. In other cases we reserve the right to charge you a fee of CHF 1'000.–.
PRP autohaemotherapy, Medical needling and/or Wrinkle treatment: at least 24 hours before your treatment date free of charge. Otherwise a fee of CHF 100.– is due.
(2) It may happen that we also have to postpone a treatment appointment (e.g. because our staff is absent due to illness). If we postpone a treatment appointment, we will arrange a replacement appointment and the treatment will continue.
(3) We may postpone treatment appointments at any time and as often as necessary; in doing so, you are not entitled to compensation or termination of treatment.
8.3 Termination of treatment
Please note that your treatment begins with your first treatment appointment (even if you postpone it or miss it due to lateness or no-show). Termination of treatment prior to your first treatment appointment is considered a cancellation (see Section 8.3.1) and termination thereafter (see Section 8.3.2).
8.3.1 Cancellation of treatment
You can cancel your treatment as follows:
Hair transplantation: if no treatment appointment is made, a charge of 20% of the treatment cost will be incurred. The same costs will be incurred if the treatment appointment is cancelled more than 30 days before the treatment date. Cancellation less than 30 days before your first treatment appointment will incur a cost equal to 30% of the treatment cost.
PRP Autologous Blood Therapy, Medical Needling and/or Wrinkle treatment: 20% of the treatment cost. treatment costs incur, whereby the time of cancellation is irrelevant.
8.3.2 Cancellation of treatment
(1) After the start of the treatment (see section 8.3), both you and we are free to discontinue the treatment at any time. The treatment is considered to be discontinued if this is communicated in writing (e.g. by e-mail) or clearly indicated in some other way (e.g. non-compliance with the treatment plan).
(2) If you discontinue (no refund): If you discontinue treatment, for whatever reason, you agree not to be entitled to a (partial) refund of your treatment costs. This applies in particular if you postpone the first treatment appointment or miss it due to lateness or non-appearance and then cancel the treatment.
(3) If we cancel (no refund): We have the right to cancel your treatment,
- if you fail to show up twice or show up late (see section 8.2.1) for one of your treatment appointments,
- the attending physician considers the treatment to be no longer responsible from a medical point of view (e.g. non-compliance with the physician's instructions, failure to provide relevant information during the eligibility check, etc.).
Also in this case, you agree not to be entitled to (partial) reimbursement of your treatment costs.
(4) As a rule, treatment cannot be resumed once it has been discontinued. If in such a case a resumption is reasonable and indicated, we will submit a new offer to you.
9 What are you obligated to do?
(1) You undertake to act in good faith and, in particular.
- provide truthful information about your person, health and physical condition;
- provide us with your correct contact information;
- be solvent when ordering our services;
- to notify us immediately of any inability to pay that occurs during treatment;
- to follow our instructions when using our services (especially our care and use instructions, e.g. do not damage the scalp by rubbing or scratching, do not use aggressive shampoos, do not exert yourself physically); and
- to provide us only with information and records that you are entitled to receive and that may be shared with us.
(2) If you fail to comply with these obligations, we may refuse to provide you with our services. You also agree to pay any costs incurred by us as a result.
What are your rights if the treatment does not go as expected?
(1) We draw your attention to the fact that we cannot guarantee the success of the treatment, because each person responds individually to the treatments.
(2) If the treatment does not lead to the desired result and you are not satisfied, we ask you to contact us so that we can examine your concerns.
(3) There are no claims such as warranty rights (rectification, reduction or similar) if the treatment does not lead to the desired result or does not correspond to what you hoped from it.
(4) We will try to find a suitable solution together.
11. Patient information
(1) The Patient Information gives you information about how the treatments work and what risks and side effects may occur.
(2) Please read the Patient Information carefully and ask us any questions you may have.
(1) You assure us that you have familiarized yourself with and accept the risks and side effects of the treatments.
(2) You agree to fully indemnify us and not to make any claims should any risks or side effects occur and cause any damage. This is especially true if you do not follow the doctor's instructions before or during your treatment.
(3) You also understand and agree that we are not responsible for restoring your original hair volume, smoothing wrinkles completely, or providing or paying for any other treatment.
(4) To the extent permitted by law, liability for ordinary negligence is excluded.
(2) For legal reasons, we keep your patient records for 20 years.
14. Reference customers
When you have a treatment with us, you consent to us taking pictures of your scalp and using them anonymously for promotional purposes ("before and after pictures" on our website, social media channels, etc.). You may revoke this permission in part or in full at any time.
15. Completeness of the contract
(2) Changes, side agreements and additions require a written confirmation (e.g. by e-mail) to be effective.
16. Waiver of rights
If a party fails to perform any part of the contract and the other party does not insist on proper performance, it does not thereby waive the right to performance of other parts of the contract.
17. Severability clause
If one or more provisions of these GTC are invalid or ineffective, the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected. The parties shall replace the invalid or ineffective provisions with those that are valid and effective and best reflect the original intention of the parties and, if possible, lead to the same economic result.
18. Amendment of these GTC
(1) We may change these TOS at any time. We will notify you of the change in an appropriate manner.
(2) Without your written (e.g. e-mail) objection within one month after we have informed you, the changes are considered approved.
(3) The current version of these terms and conditions is available on our website.
19. Applicable law and jurisdiction
(1) Swiss law is applicable to all claims of the parties in connection with the services provided by us.
(2) The parties choose the state courts in Zurich as the exclusive place of jurisdiction for disputes.
Status: Winterthur, 20th February 2023
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Send email now→